RAFEEQ TERMS & CONDITIONS
- III.Rafeeq enables transactions between participant restaurants/merchants and buyers, dealing in prepared food and beverages, etc., (“ Platform Services”). The buyers (“Buyer/s”) can choose and place orders (“ Orders”) from variety of products listed and offered for sale by various neighbourhood merchants including but not limited to the restaurants and eateries (“ Merchant/s”), on the Platform and Rafeeq enables delivery of such orders at select localities of serviceable cities across Qatar (“ Delivery Services”). The Platform Services and Delivery Services are collectively referred to as “ Services”.
- IV. AMENDMENTS
- V. Platform and Services
- 1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Merchants alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, taxes, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. Rafeeq does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Merchants. Rafeeq may, however, offer support services to Merchants in respect to order fulfilment, payment collection, call centre, and other services, pursuant to independent contracts executed by it with the Merchants.
- 2. Rafeeq does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of the Merchants. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular Merchant that you choose to deal with on the Platform and use your best judgment in that behalf. All Merchant offers and third party offers are subject to respective party terms and conditions. Rafeeq takes no responsibility for such offers.
- 3. Rafeeq neither make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, saleability, etc.) of the products or services proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased on the Platform nor does implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products or services on the Platform. Rafeeq accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- 4. Rafeeq is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyers and Merchants on the Platform. Rafeeq cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyers and/or Merchants will perform any transaction concluded on the Platform. Rafeeq is not responsible for unsatisfactory or non-performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
- 5. Rafeeq is operating an online marketplace and assumes the role of facilitator, and does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Merchant on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Merchant. At no time shall Rafeeq hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall Rafeeq have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Buyer and Merchant.
- 6. Rafeeq is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the Merchant and the Buyer. In case of complaints from the Buyer pertaining to food efficacy, quality, or any other such issues, Rafeeq shall notify the same to Merchant and shall also redirect the Buyer to the consumer call center of the Merchant. The Merchant shall be liable for redressing Buyer complaints. In the event you raise any complaint on any Merchant accessed using our Platform, we shall assist you to the best of our abilities by providing relevant information to you, such as details of the Merchant and the specific Order to which the complaint relates, to enable satisfactory resolution of the complaint.
- 7. Please note that there could be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
- 8. Rafeeq - Use of the Website and Apps (Android and iOS)
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- i. You shall not host, display, upload, download, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- a. belongs to another person and which you do not have any right to;
- b. is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, slanderous, criminally inciting or invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women”
- c. is misleading or misrepresentative in any way;
- d. is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- e. harasses or advocates harassment of another
- f. involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- g. promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- h. infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- i. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see “copyright complaint” below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- j. contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- k. provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- l. provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- m. contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult);
- n. tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Platform or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Platform or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- p. solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which is or could be construed as being illegal;
- q. interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Platform or any third party’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- s. harm minors in any way;
- t. infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- u. violates any law for the time being in force;
- v. deceives or misleads the addressee/users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- w. impersonate another person;
- x. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- y. threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of Qatar, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any criminal offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- z. is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- a. directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trades or attempts to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force; or
- bb. creates liability for us or causes us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our internet service provider or other suppliers.
- ii. You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Platform or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve our right to prohibit any such activity.
- iii. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Platform, or any other systems or networks connected to the Platform or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Platform, by hacking, “password mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- iv. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Platform, or any other Buyer, including any account on the Platform not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Platform or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Platform, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Platform.
- v. You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about us or the brand name or domain name used by us including the name ‘Rafeeq’, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of Rafeeq or Merchant on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Rafeeq’s trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Platform or Rafeeq’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Rafeeq.
- vi. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform or any transaction being conducted on the Platform, or with any other person’s use of the Platform.
- vii. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Platform or any service offered on or through the Platform. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- ix. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions, as amended from time to time, of (a) the Information Technology Act, (b) all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable exchange control laws or regulations in force); and (c) international laws, foreign exchange laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations (including, but not limited to sales tax, income tax, service tax, custom duty, local levies) regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- xi. From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or overemphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other users in any manner.
- xiv. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Platform, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Platform.
- xv. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Platform and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Platform, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Platform You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform.
- xvi. Rafeeq shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services), hacking, pen testing attempts without our prior consent or a mutual legal agreement.
VI. Account Registration or use of the Platform
- 1. You may access the Platform by registering to create an account (“ Rafeeq Account”) and become a member (“ Membership”); The Membership is limited for the purpose and are subject to the terms, and strictly not transferable.
- 2. We will create your Rafeeq Account for your use of the Platform services based upon the personal information you provide to us as described above. You may only have one Rafeeq Account and not permitted to create multiple accounts. If found, you having multiple accounts, Rafeeq reserves right to suspend such multiple account without being liable for any compensation.
- 3. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
- 5. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Rafeeq Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Rafeeq Account.
- 6. Goods and services purchased from the Platform are intended for your personal use and you represent that the same are not for resale or you are not acting as an agent for other parties.
- 1. The Platform allows you to place order bookings and we will,
subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, enable delivery of
such order to you.
- 2. Rafeeq do not own, sell, resell on its own and/or do not control
the Merchants or the related services provided in connection thereof.
You understand that any order that you place shall be subject to the
limited to, product availability and delivery location serviceability.
- 3. As a general rule, all orders placed on the Platform are treated as
- 4. However, upon your successful completion of booking an order, we may call you on the telephone or mobile number provided to confirm the details of the order, the price to be paid and the estimated delivery time. For this purpose, you will be required to share certain information with us, including but not limited to (i) your first and last name (ii) mobile number; and (iii) email address. It shall be your sole responsibility to bring any incorrect details to our attention.
- 5. In addition to the foregoing, we may also contact you by phone and / or email to inform and confirm any change in the order, due to availability or unavailability or change in price of the order as informed by the Merchant. Please note change or confirmation of the order shall be treated as final. It is clarified that Rafeeq reserves the right to not to process your order in the event you are unavailable on the phone at the time we call you for confirming the order and such event the provisions of the cancellation and refund policy below shall be applicable.
- 6. All payments made against the purchases/services on the Platform by you shall be compulsorily in Qatari Riyals acceptable in the State of Qatar. The Platform will not facilitate transactions with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Platform. You can pay by (i) credit card or debit card or net banking or cash at the time of delivery. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Rafeeq is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment on delivery, collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Platform using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing payment facility, Rafeeq is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
- 7. You acknowledge and agree that we act as the Merchant’s payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments from you on behalf of the Merchant. Upon your payment of amounts to us, which are due to the Merchant, your payment obligation to the Merchant for such amounts is completed, and we are responsible for remitting such amounts, to the Merchant. You shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, make any payment directly to the Merchant for Order bookings made using the Platform.
- 10. The final tax bill will be issued by the Merchant to the Buyer along with the order and Rafeeq is merely collecting the payment on behalf of such Merchant. All applicable taxes and levies, the rates thereof and the manner of applicability of such taxes on the bill are being charged and determined by the Merchant. Rafeeq holds no responsibility for the legal correctness/validity of the levy of such taxes. The sole responsibility for any legal issue arising on the taxes shall reside with the Merchant.
- 11. The prices reflected on the Platform are determined solely by the Merchant and are listed based on Merchant’s information. Very rarely, prices may change at the time of placing order due to Merchant changing the menu price without due intimation and such change of price are at the sole discretion of the Merchant attributing to various factors beyond control.
- Disclaimer: Prices on any product(s) as is reflected on the Platform may due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information supplied by Merchant be incorrectly reflected and in such an event Merchant may cancel such your order(s).
- 12. The Merchant shall be solely responsible for any warrantee/guarantee of the food products sold to the Buyers and in no event shall be the responsibility of Rafeeq.
- 13. The transaction is bilateral between the Merchant and Buyer and therefore, Rafeeq is not liable to charge or deposit any taxes applicable on such transaction.